Inbound auto responder

Someyoung Guy

Dec 23, 2018
PMG: Mail Gateway 8.1.2

Having a problem creating an auto responder for user@email.domain <-- kept generic for this post.

Action Objects: sales_test
Code:
Receiver:  __SENDER__
Notification: __SUBJECT__
Body:
Order received notification:

Dear __SENDER__,

Thank you for your order, we have received your email and are working on inputting your order.  Please look for a future order confirmation.

Who Objects: sales_auto_responder
Code:
Type:  e-mail
Value:  user@email.domain

When Objects:
Code:
All day every day
TimeFrame:  00:00-00:00
^ I have removed this also

Mail Filter: Created a "sales auto responder" <-- this is the rule the system looks at for actions and such
In & out (but tried just in and just out also)
Action: sales_test (see above)
To: sales_auto_responder (see above)

I have also made sure that on the Exchange server PMG can relay through it on the default port 25. People regularly get quarantine messages and such. Every email coming into that address should get an auto responder. The problem I have to work through is that on MS Exchange Server that "out of office" only sends a reply once, rightly so, regardless of how many inbound emails you send to it. It's meant to notify someone once. It's not an "order confirmation" where someone would get one every time because they'd send multiple orders per day.

Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!