Impossible to login root in new LXC

poka

Jul 12, 2017
I use proxmox Virtual Environment 4.4-12/e71b7a74 since few years without probleme until a few weeks.
In the same environment with another VM started, I can't login to the new LXC I create with the root password I enter in the configuration window (Image01).
Capture du 2017-10-30 12-42-46.png
When try to connect in ProxMox noVNC console, it's like my password was wrong:
Capture du 2017-10-30 12-43-35.png

I deleted I build new VM 15 times, with differents keyboards, so my password is the good one!

Does someone ever had the same problem here ?

Of course the solution wa very simple: just access to the container by the host server with: lxc-attach --name 100

Hi, that works, but it is rather work around than a solution. How can it be fixed permanenty?

I use proxmox Virtual Environment 4.4-12/e71b7a74 since few years without probleme until a few weeks.
In the same environment with another VM started, I can't login to the new LXC I create with the root password I enter in the configuration window (Image01).
View attachment 6133
When try to connect in ProxMox noVNC console, it's like my password was wrong:
View attachment 6134

I deleted I build new VM 15 times, with differents keyboards, so my password is the good one!

Does someone ever had the same problem here ?

Yes, normally it's cause my keyboard layout has changed to something else and my password has a differently mapped character.

I normally have an easy password and once everything is setup as i want i change the password to a more complex one. (just makes it quicker if having to type long passwords all the time)

Yes, normally it's cause my keyboard layout has changed to something else and my password has a differently mapped character.

I normally have an easy password and once everything is setup as i want i change the password to a more complex one. (just makes it quicker if having to type long passwords all the time)

Or test in the username field to make sure the characters are being typed correctly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!