I need help with the Network Configuration

Gliksamar

Feb 21, 2024
I’m trying to install Proxmox on a Beelink mini s12 Pro.
I have a simple network with a FiberHome router from the internet provider, which is really bad and slow in the settings.
I set up DHCP Static Leases (DHCP MAC Binding List because it’s the only thing remotely close to static IP in those settings) for its MAC to 192.168.1.123, installed it with that address. It boots into the login screen, shows me the address but it doesn’t connect to the network. On the router’s admin page I don’t see it connected at all. I see it connected only in the installation process.

I successfully installed Proxmox before on an old laptop, and it worked but I don’t exactly remember how I did it, and it was in a different location with a TP Link router.
I have no idea what I should write in the Management Network Configuration page, but I would like to configure it only once and when I will go to the other location just change in the router the MAC address of the old laptop with the one of the Beelink.
I didn’t find any YouTube tutorial helpful… Please help.

Attachments

• photo1708531157.jpeg
    photo1708531157.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 12
Login directly on the local console and execute:

ip -c a

May be there are some naming error or network driver isn't loaded.

is host can ping the Gateway 192.168.1.1 ?
is your desktop can ping 192.168.1.123 ?

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::579d:29e1:f83b:4abc%7
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2a02:2f0d:e801:f00:8e67:a304:cb63:ce3c
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2a02:2f0d:e801:f00:c4cb:b681:16d8:5559
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::46ac:82e2:6f70:96fe%18
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1000%18

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

it's like AP isolation enabled on your router which prevent traffic from wireless devices to other devices,or firewall rules.
try over the wire.

please, post large code into "code" instead "inline code"

it's like AP isolation enabled on your router which prevent traffic from wireless devices to other devices,or firewall rules.
try over the wire.

please, post large code into "code" instead "inline code"
it doesn't work even plugged into the router

sorry, thanks for trying to help

"
I have a simple network with a FiberHome router from the internet provider, which is really bad and slow in the settings.
I set up DHCP Static Leases (DHCP MAC Binding List because it’s the only thing remotely close to static IP in those settings) for its MAC to 192.168.1.123,
"

mmm, I think you want to connect PVE on the LAN side, then you don't need to assign to the router the MAC of your PVE server, the only thing you be careful is to have an IP out of your LAN dhcp range.

Also be careful to connect to a port of your router that is a LAN port, some routers have special ports with vlans for the media player, can you change the port that is attached to your server?.

All seems to indicate that your server and your notebook aren't on the same network.

If you have a switch can you can connect both via cable and test it again?

the only thing you be careful is to have an IP out of your LAN dhcp range
What does it mean out of its range? I have this in router:
Start IP​
DHCP End IP​
Does it need to be anything but that interval? Like 200.200.200.200
I don't have many devices so that my .123 would never have been reached.
And where do I need to put that ip if not assinging it to its MAC? Can Proxmox choose what ip it wants to have when it connects to the router?

some routers have special ports with vlans
They are all the same, and it's the same cable I use when I want faster speeds for my laptop or TV. But I just changed ports anyway.
Same problem.

I'm installing it again, this time without Binding a MAC to ip. Please let me know if I'm doing it wrong. photo1708619943.jpeg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!