I can't activate USB 3.0 Passthrough in GUI

gabrielpons

Dec 4, 2019
Palma
Hello, first of all, sorry for my English as it is not my native language.

On my Proxmox 7.4-3 server I have a virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 R2 with the QEMU agent installed and running.

When I try to add a USB it does not let me activate the USB3 option from the GUI. On the other hand if I modify the "/etc/pve/qemu-server/100.conf" file and add ",usb3=yes" in the USB line it works but in the GUI it still does not appear activated.

Screenshot of the file "/etc/pve/qemu-server/100.conf":
Captura.PNG

Screenshot of the USB from the GUI:
Captura2.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated.

would it be possible to see more of the 100.conf so I can try to reproduce it? Its ok to obscure.

Thank you very much, now I have changed "yes" to "1" and in the GUI it looks activated.

My question now is: Why can't I activate or deactivate it from the GUI?

Captura2.PNG

Captura.PNG

Thank you very much, now I have changed "yes" to "1" and in the GUI it looks activated.

My question now is: Why can't I activate or deactivate it from the GUI?

View attachment 52964

View attachment 52965
You can not change it in the GUI because it is irrelevant. USB3 is enabled either way

Why would you want to modify a inconsequential setting? Allowing this would only give the user the misleading assumption they change something relevant.

Why would you want to modify a inconsequential setting? Allowing this would only give the user the misleading assumption they change something relevant.
Why would Proxmox include a setting that "does nothing" if it truly does nothing? Is this a remnant of some old setting that was planned to be implemented and never was? Im just trying to understand its purpose if it has not been removed from the menus.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!