I can't access to Proxmox Server

cvarela

Dec 27, 2023
Hi,

I updated the entire Proxmox server, and upon restarting it does not allow me to log in from the server. It shows me "incorrect login" message, only entering the user (root). It doesn't allow me to enter the password. How could I get into the server somehow?

Try if you can ssh into that server. If that is possible I would first run df -h to see if the root filesystem is full as this is a common reason why logins could fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobhWasatch
No, the capacity is at 60%, I checked that first. I think it was damaged with the update, the server ssh and apache packages were not installed.
libc-bin : Depends: libc6 (< 2.29) but 2.36-9+deb12u3 is installed
libc-dev-bin : Depends: libc6 (< 2.29) but 2.36-9+deb12u3 is installed
libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.28-10+deb10u2) but 2.36-9+deb12u3 is installed
locales : Depends: libc-bin (> 2.36) but 2.28-10+deb10u2 is installed
openssh-server : Depends: openssh-client (= 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u2) but 1:7.9p1-10+deb10u4 is installed
Depends: runit-helper (>= 2.14.0~) but it is not installed
Depends: libcrypt1 (>= 1:4.1.0) but it is not installed
Depends: libselinux1 (>= 3.1~) but 2.8-1+b1 is installed
Depends: libssl3 (>= 3.0.11) but it is not installed
Recommends: xauth but it is not installed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!