I am looking for help with a Proxmox VE 7.4-3 + VRTX Chassis (no sharing)

Apr 28, 2023
Hello,

I love proxmox, I do not love how proxmox and Dell VRTX disk/shared PERCs play. I can hardly wait to replace this hardware.
I'm trying to get our hypervisors to 7.4 (was at 6.4) but since doing a fresh install, I am unable to get the machines to boot.

What I have configured in the hardware is that a 6TB disk is DEDICATED to this M640.. it is not shared.. with that in mind, the proxmox install still sees the disk twice. I did modify the /etc/multipath.conf as seen in the pvereport.. and it seems to find the disk okay, but it will never mount the LVMs.

Once the machine boots, it drops to rescue mode where I enter the root password, simply run `vgchage -ay` then `exec /sbin/init` and the box comes up with no issue.
Any thoughts on how I can get this to function without manual intervention with each reboot?

Again, I'm not trying to get redundancy. Thoughts, suggestions, links? I feel like everything I find is where people are trying to make it redundant.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• pve04.pvereport.txt
    56.6 KB · Views: 6

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!