HTTPS macro includes UDP?

jsabater

Oct 25, 2021
Palma, Mallorca, Spain
Hey everyone!

Quick question: Does the HTTPS macro of the PVE Firewall include UDP traffic (to port 443) or is it still just TCP? I am on PVE 7.4-17, but if it is available in PVE 8.x I would also be interested in the answer, since I plan on migrate to it soon.

Thanks in advance.

No worries. I'll keep the extra rule in the security group for the time being. Thanks for the reply!

P.S. I guess I am better off not hacking those rules in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Firewall.pm, or is it just that they will be overwritten with each update?

No worries. I'll keep the extra rule in the security group for the time being. Thanks for the reply!

P.S. I guess I am better off not hacking those rules in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Firewall.pm, or is it just that they will be overwritten with each update?
yes, don't hack them, it'll be rewrite at each pve-firewall package update.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!