HPE E208i-a smartraid controller and ZFS

benoitc

Dec 21, 2019
I am wondering if using the HPE E208i-a smartraid controller with disks in LBA mode works correctly with ZFS? Or should I use another filesystem?

In this case it would be better to use the Hardware RAID controller directly and use Ext4 as filesystem instead of ZFS.
As it is a newer RAID controller, it might work correctly when using 'HBA' mode, but based on our experiences here, a simple HBA would be the better solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: benoitc
In this case it would be better to use the Hardware RAID controller directly and use Ext4 as filesystem instead of ZFS.
As it is a newer RAID controller, it might work correctly when using 'HBA' mode, but based on our experiences here, a simple HBA would be the better solution.
ok I see thanks for the answer. KThey are saying HBA mode is OK for ceph, so maybe with ZFS but i will play the safe card until I change the controller. Maybe someone has one to advise for HPE hardware (that play well with ILO ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!