How to redefine a Storage using the GUI

falves1

Jan 11, 2009
I defined a storage and later changed the directory names on the box, but I cannot find a way to edit the properties of the storage using the web.
Is it possible?
If not, and I change directly the definition on storage.cfg, how to I force the Web to resync?
Also, in 5.2, how I mount a live or powered-off container or virtual machine so I can enter the data from the host?
I am trying to bring in many existing LXC containers from regular Ubuntu. Normally I transfer containers with RSYNC.

is there a way to reload the configuration of Proxmox after changing storage.cfg?
I had to reboot a server that takes 15 min to come back.

If you change the file it will apply instantly.
If it is a mounted storage like an nfs you must unmount it.
At the next use, it will automatically be mounted.

If you change the file it will apply instantly.
If it is a mounted storage like an nfs you must unmount it.
At the next use, it will automatically be mounted.
Hello,

and witch pve service will reread/reload or mounted this NFS if it is define in /etc/pve/storage.cfg. I reload/restart pve-storage service but nfs was not mounted. I need then to restart HW node. Thanks.

Regards,

Hmmm on mount output it looks like it is updated to smbversion 2.1 after changing the storage.cfg, but the old connections are still active with version 3 (doing smbstatus on the samba server). So reboot on the PVE servers was needed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!