How to pause VM after a timeframe of any console inactivity?

Urbanovits

Mar 14, 2021
Hello,

Is there any solution in ProxMox to suspend/pause VMs and containers after a period of time of console operation inactivity?

thanks
George

Hi,

no there is no such option. What is your intended use case for this? Limited resource consumption?

Hello Chris,
In short: Yes.
My plan to build a long term running remote lab solution with overcommitted VM config. Similar what you can have on Cloud systems like that.
In case when a participant who is stopped to interact with console such NoVNC or even any way in certain time, I would like to drive affected VM(s) switch to suspend state. Till the participant rejoin and continue him/her activity.
At his time I have no front-end to manage SSO, in shuch condition option would be frontend timeout montiroing, and then call API to suspend. My plan to manage some intact settings/options or even scripts if any.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!