how to mount hdd

Torsken

Sep 29, 2023
Hi, I recently installed Proxmox on my 2011 Mac mini. the main reason I chose Proxmox was for home assistant but I also need to run Plex. I've got Plex up and running and now I want to use my existing HDD with all my media. the HDD shows up, but when I tried to add a directory It only shows me the main HDD, not my external HDD. Any ideas?

Hello,

The directories you are able to add in the WebUI are for storage of VMs/Templates/ISOs etc.

I think you want to pass through a physical disk to a VM.
Here is a guide on how to do that:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Passthrough_Physical_Disk_to_Virtual_Machine
Diddent quite work, the problem is that the drive wont show up when i trie to assign it i was able to find what its called usb-WD_My_Passport_2626_57583632413931484544355A-0:0 -> ../../sdb and followd a guite to passing it to the vm but i got Configuration file 'nodes/proxmox/qemu-server/101.conf' does not exist

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!