how to get cpu correct frequency in pve vm client ?

cpakest

Nov 15, 2023
I have installed PVE 8.0.3 in my pc and created a vm client to run windows 7 . But i can't get the correct cpu useage in windows with cpu-z , just like this:
微信截图_20231115162407.png
The cpu freq is aways display "806.00mhz" with no change when it running some software.
But at the same time , PVE can get the right status when i type " cat /proc/cpuinfo " at PVE's shell.
微信截图_20231115163151.png

Do i miss somethings ?

You mean frequency, not usage.

Why is having the correct frequency so important to you?
i'm sorry for my pool english , that's the reason why i need upload the picture to the post.

yet, it's important to me to get the correct frequency of cpu, and i can't explain it in english , sorry again.

On my Win11 VM on the last Proxmox 8 release it's as it it.

I don't care!
The real Intel Cor I5 cpu has 6 core with 12 threads, an the cpu clock jumps all the time.
That's ok for my.

When i run prime95 (linux) on the Proxmox VE debian 12 host, the speed settle for the first 56 seconds to the PL2, that i have set.
And drop then to the PL2 value, that my cpu cooler can handle for long time.

So i can check, if the system will work for me ok, over the test runtime of prime95.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!