How to create a template from vm (rhel)?

jonaswm

Jun 26, 2015
Good morning..

How to create a openvz template from virtual machine (rhel)?
what are the procedures .. as researched and found nothing that worked

Thank!

Sorry, but I did not help me much .. do not understand . Know any other further explained tutorial?

building templates is not that easy, you need some deeper knowledge in the involved technologies. so in this case, why don´t you just use a precreated template?

building templates is not that easy, you need some deeper knowledge in the involved technologies. so in this case, why don´t you just use a precreated template?

because I need a template for rhel6.2 and the list contained only CentOS .
to be one based on rhel distribution can use the same ?

because I need a template for rhel6.2 and the list contained only CentOS .
to be one based on rhel distribution can use the same ?

as redhat does not allow redistribution their binaries, no one can build and provide such a template to the public.

therefore you have to build it by your own - but note, the main reason using redhat instead of a free redhat clone is the involved support from redhat. and if you run redhat on a unsupported platform like openvz, you loose this benefit. so this makes no sense at all for me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!