How to copy from usb to local-lvm?

lordcroci

Feb 6, 2018
Hi there,
As I wrote in an other thread, I'm very new to proxmox world and trying to set up an xpenology vm..
Already installed and got evrything working except fot the synoboot.img that I left on the USB.. so I would like to move it from usb to local-lvm vm-100-disk-1 where actually i have my nas storage in way to be able to detach the usb from the microserver :)
can you help me in doing this?

Thanks a lot!

Lordcroci

you can import a disk to a vm with
Code:
qm importdisk
see 'man qm' for details on how to use it

you can import a disk to a vm with
Code:
qm importdisk
see 'man qm' for details on how to use it
Thanks for the answer.. actually the usb is patitioned in 3 parts. And when i try the cp command it hangs (actually the shell stucks and does not respond anymore)..

can't get how to use the qm importdisk..
My usb is /dev/sde

and the location is /var/lib/vz/images/100/

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:

i actually was able to copy the .img into the vm path.. but now the xpenology does not automatically boot! I have to press ESC and choose the hdd (it see the bootloader still in the usb even if it is unplugged!)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!