How to bond balance-alb for 2 NICs

Elton KK

May 29, 2020
Hello there,

Installed pve 5.1-2 at mini PC with 2 NICs. Search many posts for the configuration but no luck. Please find the 'cat /etc/network/interfaces' as below:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp1s0 inet manual

iface enp2s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.200
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
bridge_ports enp1s0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

Would you please let me know how to bond both NICs to balance-alb mode? Are there any issue the web management page share with it?

Thanks in advance ^o^

Attachments

• interfaces.JPG
    interfaces.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 41
Is it possible the web management page share with same balance-alb mode IP? Thanks.

remove enp1s0 from vmbr0

create a bond bond0 with the enp1s0/enp2s0

put bond0 in vmbr0

Done ^_^ (keep ip address on vmbr0)

hello spirit,

are there something wrong for my input? cannot load the web interface after make those change and reboot machine. please find the screen capture as below:

replace the enp1s0 and input bond0:
Remove enp1s0 and enter bond0.jpg

create the bond0, select balance-alb mode, input enp1s0 and enp2s0:
create bond0.jpg

may I know how to load the web interface at this point?

Thanks in advance.

configuration seem good.
do you have tried with another bond mode (try with as simple active-backup first).

I'm not a big fan of blaance-alb ,tlb,... because they are mainly arp or mac address tricks.
(The 2 mode really stable are active backup, or lacp)

configuration seem good.
do you have tried with another bond mode (try with as simple active-backup first).

I'm not a big fan of blaance-alb ,tlb,... because they are mainly arp or mac address tricks.
(The 2 mode really stable are active backup, or lacp)

hello spirit,

the web interface cannot load at the moment. are there any method I can login again to make changes?

Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!