How to access new cd-image in already running virtual server

George Bredberg

Apr 2, 2012
Motala, Sweden
Hi,

I installed centos5 under proxmox 2.0
During installation I used a single dvd that I created from the cd-set downloaded from centos.

Now, In proxmox I deleted that disk under hardware settings and added another one, that I need to install from.

Problem is, when trying to mount cdrom it mounts the centos installation dvd (!) even though that disc is no longer under hardware settings in proxmox, and it is in fact another iso image in the hardware settings

I tried just to click cdrom on the desktop on centos and I tried to mount it using
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /media

It gets mounted alright, but it is the installation dvd-image showing up, not the one in the virtual server - hardware setting - cdrom/dvd

How do I do this? It has to be possible to add an access images on the fly? I tried to google but I seem to only find how to add a cd/dvd when creating a new virtual server, and that is not what Im trying to do.

Hope someone can help me out

Regards /George

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!