[SOLVED] hostname kernel: [887657.076734] nfs: server 192.168.yyy.xxx not responding, timed out

jlmorgado

Jun 23, 2020
Hi,

I've noticed I'm getting the below messages in all nodes of my cluster.

Feb 6 01:44:38 hostname kernel: [887657.076734] nfs: server 192.168.yyy.xxx not responding, timed out

I've tried (and succeeded) adding a NFS Storage with the same IP address, but a bit after, deleted it using the Web UI.

Is there something I need to do to manually remove any mount or something?

Thanks in advance,
J.

Reactions: Roberto17
Hi,

I've tried unmounting the NFS share I had used previously to host some templates (which I later discovered I can't use for that purpose) but I'm still getting the same error in the logs.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
J.

OK, got it.

umount -f /path/to/mount

Then restarted all Proxmox nodes, one by one, after moving VM's around to active nodes.

J.

I have the same problem. After removing NFS storage started seeing syslog entries with "kernel: nfs: server X.X.X.X not responding, timed out". Rebooting the node solves the problem in that node, as jlmorgado said, but it seems to me an overkill. I have too many nodes, moving all vms around to reboot all nodes will be impractical. Isn't there any other way?

Reactions: GuiltyNL

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!