host network disconnects

jeebustrain

Renowned Member
Jan 14, 2010
St Louis
I have been running Proxmox VE 1.5 since it's release and have recently run into an issue. Occasionally, I will lose the host network, requiring me to run ifconfig eth0 down && ifconfig eth0 up in order for it to gain connectivity again. There are multiple nics on the server itself, but I'm only using one for (for everything) at the moment. The weird thing is that one of the guests (which is a box that I use for remote ssh) seems to be accessible just fine, but other guests and the hosts are no longer pingable.

When I get home (this is for a home machine), I can post logs, but I find it odd that it just started happening recently.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

I have been running Proxmox VE 1.5 since it's release and have recently run into an issue. Occasionally, I will lose the host network, requiring me to run ifconfig eth0 down && ifconfig eth0 up in order for it to gain connectivity again. There are multiple nics on the server itself, but I'm only using one for (for everything) at the moment. The weird thing is that one of the guests (which is a box that I use for remote ssh) seems to be accessible just fine, but other guests and the hosts are no longer pingable.

When I get home (this is for a home machine), I can post logs, but I find it odd that it just started happening recently.

Has anyone ever encountered this?
Hi,
if I remember rightly an similar issue are discuss here - try to use the find option.

But it's always a good idea to use the latest stable pve-version.
What kind of nic do you use? Are the other Nics the same type, or can you change?

Udo

I think I found the source of my issue... it was actually the switch that the box was plugged into. Every now and then, it would freak out and down all the ports. When this would happen, it would cause Proxmox to think that the link went down. I moved the cable to a new switch and so far all is good.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!