[SOLVED] HELP!! Serious Console freeze / hanging - PVE / VMs - Spice or VNC - doesn't matter!

rfox

May 28, 2021
Greets and Happy belated New Year! I just started having problems with a 4 node cluster running different machines - running latest Proxmox VE version - NEVER had console or terminal issue until just recently (only added a new switch to the network) - now when I open a console from the Proxmox GUI - or start a console with VNC or Spice - no matter whether it's a VM console or not - the console freezes up after an undetermined amount of time - usually within a minute or two - just stops working.

There doesn't seem to be and errors or logs showing something wrong!! Oddly enough, my setup was working fine for over a year without issue, but now it's become unreliable ?!?!? Tried both latest Firefox and Chrome to rule out browser issues . . .

I also tested on the same network a stand alone Promox node - and it works without issue (running htop or btop constantly in console) - when I do this with any node in my cluster - the console freezes / hangs - This was not happening in the past ?!?

Any hints would be welcome!

Last edited:
Turns out, after many tests - my main machine which I use to access Proxmox was in the wrong VLAN segment - so this issue only affected ONE machine and Proxmox seems fine - So my bad for jumping to conclusions something was wrong with the servers Thanks again and have a great day!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!