Help Installing Proxmox VE on HP DL580 G8 servers

Richard Solano

Mar 4, 2016
Hello to all, I'm trying to install proxmox Ve on my server HP DL580 G8 who has 4 Xeon 2.80 GHZ processors, 128GB RAM and two HD of 1TB. But when I'm try to boot by the CDROM the app of HP just let me install Windos SO, Red Hat, Suse and vMware. The Question is, Does anyone could install proxmox on a server like mine?

thanks a lot.

Richard

Hi Richard,

welcome to the world of Proxmox VE! :)

But when I'm try to boot by the CDROM the app of HP just let me install Windos SO, Red Hat, Suse and vMware.

I haven't got any experience with this machine, so I took a short look into the User Guide. Maybe on page 38 there is the solution for your problem: This weird list of operating systems you mentioned comes from "Intelligent Provisioning". Try to avoid your machine booting into this, maybe by pressing F9 at the right moment.
Or maybe disabling Intelligent Provisioning could help?
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0128828&sp4ts.oid=7271241

Good luck and many greets
Stephan

Reactions: Richard Solano
Reactions: Richard Solano
Hi Richard,

welcome to the world of Proxmox VE! :)

I haven't got any experience with this machine, so I took a short look into the User Guide. Maybe on page 38 there is the solution for your problem: This weird list of operating systems you mentioned comes from "Intelligent Provisioning". Try to avoid your machine booting into this, maybe by pressing F9 at the right moment.
Or maybe disabling Intelligent Provisioning could help?
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0128828&sp4ts.oid=7271241

Good luck and many greets
Stephan

Stephan and fireon thanks for the help, I've disable the Intellingent Provisioning and also UEFI secureboot it could be me able to boot from a DVD ROM, but now I have the issue that fireon linked, About the watch dog

To install PVE should not be a problem. We also use HP servers too. We install PVE automated over PXE. It would be easier for you to go in to legacy bootmode (disable UEFI secureboot). Then everything is bootable. You should read this too: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve40-incompatible-with-hp-proliant-servers.24793/

Stephan and fireon thanks for the help, I've disable the Intellingent Provisioning and also UEFI secureboot it could be me able to boot from a DVD ROM, but now I have the issue that fireon linked, About the watch dog

It is possible for you to disable the watchdog completly in bios?

Stop this services for testing when you have:
Code:
systemctl stop hp-health.service
systemctl stop hp-asrd.service

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!