help, how to instal virtio vga drivers for windows xp sp3

xavirafa

Oct 13, 2015
Hi, i am new, i have a dedicated server, and i would like to know how can i install virtio drivers, for the display driver of my vm (vps), i have installed win xp sp3 in my vm and everithing is ok, but the vga dysplay only have 4 mb of ram!

thanks.

Hi,
as far I know there are no driver for Windows jet.
this feature are very new. introduced qemu 2.4.

but if there be one you would get it from Ferdora project.

try the vmware display driver.

thanks, and can you explain me how to do it? i would like to try whit the vmware display driver from Ferdora project!

but i dont know how to do it!

any manual?

thanks

It should work out of the box.
I'm not sure if it is true for Windows XP.
Windows 7 works perfect.

stop VM.
change display in the Hardware tab to vmware.
start VM.

hi, thanks my friend, i did what you sugest and it works whit windows xp sp3 and windows server 2003, it install a new driver and increase de memory of the video up to 16 mb, but i am wondering if there is another way to install another driver whit more video ram! i need at least up to 64 or 128 mb of video ram for windows xp or windows server 2003, because i notice that my vps work very slowly and i thinks that problem could be the video ram! thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!