Help! Ceph configure

Alex_bor

Sep 3, 2018
I tried using the ceph configuration guide from youtube. But have a problems.
Hardware 4 Nodes: every have 1ssd 16Gb(Proxmox) 1ssd 250Gb 1 Hdd 1 TB.
I want create 2 pools (SSD and HDD). But I want save journal of hdd and ssd pool only on ssd disk. And use ssd as cache for hdd. I have not found a suitable instruction anywhere. Web-Proxmox does not allow me to do this. Can any body write short guide how to do it.

I can create this scheme, only with lvm (sda1:ssd 240G, sdb1:SAS:1TB) :

Code:
pvcreate /dev/sda1  /dev/sdb1
vgcreate vg_ssd /dev/sda1
vgcreate vg_hdd /dev/sdb1
lvcreate -L 2G -n lv_hddjl vg_ssd
lvcreate -L 2G -n lv_hdddb vg_ssd
lvcreate -L 2G -n lv_ssddb vg_ssd
lvcreate -L 2G -n lv_ssdjl vg_ssd
vgdisplay                      
lvcreate -l 55185 -n lv_ssddata vg_ssd
lvcreate -l 238466 -n lv_hdd vg_hdd        

ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data vg_hdd/lv_hdd --block.wal vg_ssd/lv_hddjl --block.db vg_ssd/lv_hdddb
ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data vg_ssd/lv_ssddata --block.wal vg_ssd/lv_ssdjl --block.db vg_ssd/lv_ssddb
ceph-volume lvm activate --all

It's true practice or not?
Now I try to do it on second node and take error.
Code:
root@sblade2-s2:~# ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data vg_hdd/lv_hdd --block.wal vg_ssd/lv_hddjl --block.db vg_ssd/lv_hdddb
Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-authtool --gen-print-key
Running command: /usr/bin/ceph --cluster ceph --name client.bootstrap-osd --keyring /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring -i - osd new 232dcf96-15a6-41d0-8208-c9ee2b523c3b
 stderr: 2018-09-05 09:57:31.503719 7ffa7a1f7700  0 librados: client.bootstrap-osd authentication error (1) Operation not permitted
 stderr: [errno 1] error connecting to the cluster
-->  RuntimeError: Unable to create a new OSD id

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!