Help. Can't NAT Nginx Proxy manager on pfSense

oswaldocostaneto

Feb 1, 2024
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope I'm following all the rules correctly.

I've recently migrated my Proxmox to use pfSense as a firewall(I was previously using OPNsense).
However, I'm running into issues getting the Nginx Proxy Manager to work with pfSense.

I have a domain from Cloudflare and there is no issue to reach my external ip address.

This is the general idea of my simple setup.

1707009787966.png

Everything was fine when configured by OPNsense, but after a random serious crash i decided to meka the change to pfSense.

But the things come difficult when i start to make the NAT and port forwarding rules, because i CAN'T reach my internal services. Every time i got the Error 522 from Cloudflare.

Below, I've outlined my current settings. I hope this information might be useful, and I'm looking forward to any assistance to resolve my problem.

• webConfigurator of pfSense with port changed (for not block 443 traffic)
1707010110630.png
  • Port Forwarding NAT config
1707010152482.png

• Outbound NAT config
1707010182123.png

• Double check with Firewall Rules (automated NAT rules)
1707010211203.png

• Listening port state of the Nginx Proxy Manager host
1707010288488.png

• NAT configuration of firewall
1707010319902.png
  • Example host config on Nginx Proxy Manager (1)
1707010350446.png
  • Example host config on Nginx Proxy Manager (2)
1707010377824.png
  • After all this, when i hit my website address from wan i got 522 error from Cloudflare
1707010405563.png
Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Have you resolved this already?

Did you check your Cloudflare settings? Does it work with the setting DNS only instead of proxied?
What about under SSL/TLS settings and instead of setting it to Full (strict), you change it to Full?

I'm having the same problem, but I think it's related to something else.

Cheers.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!