Having problem changing the ip address, memory, nameservers for a newly restored CT

rolypoly

Jun 12, 2009
Hello,

I am having problem changing the ip address, memory, nameservers for a newly restored CT which was take from a remote linux server.

I got this error:

Error: unable to apply VM settings, command failed: /usr/bin/pvectl vzset 102 --mem 1024

Any idea how to fix this?

Re: Having problem changing the ip address, memory, nameservers for a newly restored

Edit manually the configuration files. It's an ideea!

Re: Having problem changing the ip address, memory, nameservers for a newly restored

Or simply create a new VM using the web interface with the required VM settings - then copy that configuration file (/etc/vz/conf/XXX.conf)

Or simply create a new VM using the web interface with the required VM settings - then copy that configuration file (/etc/vz/conf/XXX.conf)

thx guys.

yea. look like i have to copy over the conf.

Please when you finish post the conclusions! To have a final sollution on your problem! Thks,

nick, it's works. copy the conf from one of the created proxvox vm.. . and restart vm.

I guess it is that proxmox couldn't read the other company vm's conf .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!