Hauppauge drivers

Have you considered using a full VM (with Ubuntu) and do a PCI passthrough to the VM? That might be easier than getting the drivers working in a container which is using the host servers kernel.

Have you considered using a full VM (with Ubuntu) and do a PCI passthrough to the VM? That might be easier than getting the drivers working in a container which is using the host servers kernel.
Yes, I tried it, that's how it now works, but I get a lot of continuity errors, and I read that some people also get these errors and with container there are no errors.

Yes, I tried it, that's how it now works, but I get a lot of continuity errors, and I read that some people also get these errors and with container there are no errors.
Hello, could you provide some details on how you managed to get it passed trough to a VM? I also tried that but at best was able to see the tuner in Plex and the entire machie woulf freeze when i start a scan. My machine is capable of pci passtrough and i had two videocards allocated to the plex vm (first a p400 and later a p2000). Going with the LXC containter also yielded no results.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!