HA and restore snapshot to another PVE from NFS automatically

nantan

Aug 11, 2016
Hello fellas, thanks you in advance for reading this thread.

I have 2 PVE with HA.
Each server is running some VM.
The problem/doubt I have is that, each machine has it's storage in local, and every week we do some backups in a NFS.
Because we have HA set, if a PVE crashes, the machine tries to start in the other server, but obviously it has no storage, and I cannot find anywhere to set to take the backup from the NFS.
I have searched over internet and in this forum, I might have done it wrong or be silly and not seeing it in the configuration.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

this has noting to do with HA and is not possible out of the box.
The requirements for HA are shared/distributed storage and 3 Nodes minimum.

Hi,

this has noting to do with HA and is not possible out of the box.
The requirements for HA are shared/distributed storage and 3 Nodes minimum.

Hi Wolfgang, thank you very much for your reply.
Fortunately these are test servers, I've done it with two, changing the quorum to 1, and indeed the VM changes from one PVE to the other one, both have the NFS storage with ISOs and backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!