guest has not initialized the display (yet)

tedy00

Apr 26, 2022
Hi, I am trying to run OMV on Proxmox on Raspberry pi 4, unfortunately the machine starts but shows "guest has not initialized the display (yet)", what can I do to make the machine start properly?
1652094956156.png
1652095036418.png

Hi,

a) We don't really support Raspberry Pis so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

b) It seems you have set the processor type to "host" which in case of the Raspberry Pi would be an ARMv8-A processor. From what I can tell the current open media vault images don't support ARM processors, so that might be why nothing is happening.

First you install official Raspberry Pi OS as a VM, and then you run OMV 5 or 6 install script in it.
Don't use the official OMV ISO.
(use Google, there are lots of guides).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!