Grouping VM IDs (vmids) under storage pool IDs (in the Proxmox GUI)

BrettR

Dec 8, 2017
Is there a way to configure the Proxmox GUI to display vmids under the 'storage pool ID' that
they use for their local disk drive?

e.g.
You could have 5 VM IDs appear under the 'local' storage pool..
You could have 10 (separate) VM IDs appear under a 'local2' storage pool...

Thanks!

Currently there's no such way to directly have such a column. But, the VMID is encoded in the volume name, so the storage content listing gives this information indirectly (and you can sort by name, which sorts by VMID as that comes first in the storage volume name).

Or do you mean to display it in the "resource tree" on the left? How to display VMs with disks on multiple storages?

Yes, the "resource tree" on the left side of the GUI (below the Datacenter icon and the Proxmox Node icon).

Thanks!

I don't suppose in the years since this post that there is now a way to do this? I have 3 different pools, and would like the VMs to appear under the corresponding pool icon in the far left tree view

I don't suppose in the years since this post that there is now a way to do this? I have 3 different pools, and would like the VMs to appear under the corresponding pool icon in the far left tree view
mmm,do you mean the pool view ? :)

if the vm are in pools, you can display them grouped by pool, using the comboxbox on top on tree, and choose "pool view"

mmm,do you mean the pool view ? :)

if the vm are in pools, you can display them grouped by pool, using the comboxbox on top on tree, and choose "pool view"
OMG! Yes! This is exactly what I wanted, thank you!
Is there a way to set this view as the default view for all users?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!