Gnome desktop environment on Proxmox

gminadak

Aug 1, 2022
Hello.
On my proxmox server I want to have a graphical desktop as well with GNOME so I can install Parsec on it.
I have successfully installed the gnome desktop by running
Code:
apt-get install task-gnome-desktop

To my surprise I wasn't even able to open a web page so I had to manually edit the /etc/resolv.conf and looks like this now
Code:
# Generated by NetworkManager
nameserver 9.9.9.9
nameserver 1.1.1.1
(worth to mention here that I have an "AdGuard Home" on a Linux container (CT) that's used by my devices as adblock, dns and DHCP server.)

I don't have change anything else regarding network configuration from the default proxmox installation.
1692526448097.png
After editing the /etc/resolv.conf I'm able to open web sites and the Proxmox web interface.
The problem is that when I'm opening the "Software" from Gnome desktop and clicking on updates it says "No Connection" and when I'm trying to install anything it just does nothing also I can't see any network adapter listed on the "Network settings"
I was able to install flatpak and gnome software plugin for flatpak from terminal though.

any help would be appreciated

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!