Getting 300Mbps instead of 1Gbps+ on interface with a Ubiquiti U6 Mesh AP?

rtorres

Apr 3, 2024
Stockton, CA
Hello all,

I recently deployed a Debian VM to install the Ubiquiti UniFi Controller Software as I switched out my RAX2000 router for a UniFi U6 Mesh AP.

I was able to get the UniFi software and the AP installed successfully, however, there seems to be an issue with the speeds.

I installed fast to check my network speeds on the Debian VM and am getting the normal 1.30+Gbps, but when I try running a speed test while on WiFi; I get 300 to 350 Mbps no matter what device I use.

Proxmox - Debian VM CLI:
1714980636524.png

Speedtest.net:
1714980745909.png

I am running Proxmox on an HP Elitemini 800 G9 Intel Core i7 with an Intel 2.5GbE FlexIO NIC as WAN (vmbr1) and a WAVLINK 2.5GbE USB to ethernet (Realtek RTL8156) as LAN (vmbr0).

I was having the same 300-350Mbp internet speed issue with the RAX2000 and resolved the speed cap by adding the following to /etc/default/grub:

Code:
pcie_port_pm=off pcie_aspm.policy=performance intel_idle.max_cstate=1
1714981022454.png
Original Thread

But now I'm seeing the same issue when using the Ubiquiti U6 Mesh AP. I disconnected the U6 Mesh AP and hardwired my laptop to the same USB to ethernet adapter and experienced the same issue - only 300-350Mbps.

This is how my Debian VM is currently configured:
1714981222938.png

Any advice on what to change to fix the issue? I have tried changing the channels, resetting the AP, but nothing seems to work.

My current setup is -
Code:
Proxmox (bare metal):
                   pfSense Plus (VM)        - vmbr1 as WAN (Intel 2.5GbE FlexIO NIC) [connects directly to xFinity ISP/modem]
                                            - vmbr0 as LAN (Realtek 2.5GbE USB to ethernet adapter)

UniFiOSController (VM)   - vmbr0 as LAN (Realtek 2.5GbE USB to ethernet adapter) [Virtual]

TrueNAS Scale (VM)       - vmbr0 as LAN (Realtek 2.5GbE USB to ethernet adapter) - Ubiquiti U6 Mesh AP physically connected here

Thank you!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!