General protection fault libc.so.6

tuxoche

Mar 31, 2024
Hello,
first i hope i'll got the right subforum.
i'm pretty new to Proxmox, but i installed a system and it's running for over 6 months now. Had to reboot the system and now i have the problem that every couple of secondes the log file throws a message like this:
fw kernel: [ 1987.853116] traps: .NET TP Worker[47110] general protection fault ip:7d660ac0650f sp:7d658b457dc0 erro
r:0 in libc.so.6[7d660ac06000+155000]
This error prevents that my LXC container containing NGinx gets a net interface. All other containers just run fine, have internet access ober OPNSense running in a VM.

Does anybody has a solution for this one?
Thanks in advance.
ciao tuxoche

Something called ".NET TP Worker" is throwing this fault. Most likely something is corrupt or mis-configured inside the container. The fact that it is faulting inside libc usually means a bad parameter is being read from a configuration file or from user input of some sort and that is getting passed to a C library function. If this is exposed to the Internet it could be someone is attacking you as well.

If you are familiar with the "strace" tool, and it is installed, you could maybe get a stack trace to narrow it down further. But if you have no developer experience it might be better to start by reviewing the configuration files for this process.

Something called ".NET TP Worker" is throwing this fault. Most likely something is corrupt or mis-configured inside the container. The fact that it is faulting inside libc usually means a bad parameter is being read from a configuration file or from user input of some sort and that is getting passed to a C library function. If this is exposed to the Internet it could be someone is attacking you as well.

If you are familiar with the "strace" tool, and it is installed, you could maybe get a stack trace to narrow it down further. But if you have no developer experience it might be better to start by reviewing the configuration files for this process.
Thanks for the reply.
But the container was running with no issues until I rebooted today. Would it be helpful to post the config of the container, but there is nothing special here just a net device, disk space ooh ok inside the container I run a couple docker containers just in case this matters.

Ciao tuxoche

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!