Firewall, migrations/SSH for ringX addresses when output is filtered?

Gilou

Renowned Member
Jul 9, 2014
Nantes, France
gilouweb.com
Hi,

I noticed that if I set the OUTPUT policy to DROP, I need to add a few rules by default for SSH, migrations to work if I add another ringX address. Could it be that some rules that gets set by default for INPUT may have been forgotten in output ?

I see the usual ports (8006,22,5900:5999,3129, corosync) for local_network, but what about ring1 if it's set (no SSH there in output). Also that leads to another issue that I brought on myself, it's even worse if we use insecure migrations…

Not an issue for us, we do have a security group allowing what needs to be set, but if one is to enable OUTPUT filtering (which I particularly like to have), some things might be breaking. Might report that on the mailing-list, but wanted to check if I was doing something wrong first!

Cheers,
Gilou

It's also true for storage, I have tested adding an "external" SMB storage, if I DROP on INPUT, it's whitelisted, but if I drop on OUTPUT, I get blocked until I add a specific rule to add it. Should I report a bug/try to patch?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!