firewall for VM with VLANs

dandeluxe123

Mar 21, 2018
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help advise me on the proxmox firewall.

I have setup rules for the hosts fine. However, although enabled, nothing is blocked toward a VM. All the VMs are using vmbr1 and have VLAN tags.

If I enable the firewall without rules, I would expect all traffic to be blocked, but nothing is blocked at all.

If I try to create rules using vmbr1 as the interfaces, I get this error

Code:
Parameter verification failed. (400)

iface: value does not match the regex pattern 'net\d+'

Any advice would be much appreciated.

hi,
If I try to create rules using vmbr1 as the interfaces, I get this error

Code:
Parameter verification failed. (400)

iface: value does not match the regex pattern 'net\d+'
Any advice would be much appreciated.
for VMs the network interfaces are called net0, net1, etc. (you can see it in the VM configuration)

If I enable the firewall without rules, I would expect all traffic to be blocked, but nothing is blocked at all.
datacenter, host or VM firewall?

Ok thanks.

Changed interface to net0 and its allowed the rules to be applied (from a security group).

Firewall is enabled, but still allowing all traffic at the VM level. The host is only allowing tcp/8006 and ssh from configured sources correctly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!