File Does Not Exist on Start of VM

S

skazzaks

When I try to start a VM with "qm start 103" I get the message: "volume 'Backups:103/vm-103-disk-1.raw' does not exist". When I look in the GUI, however, I see that the volume is actually in the "local:103...." and not in the "Backups:103...", so it looks like the path recently became wrong. Can I change the path back?

Can anyone help me? I am really stuck! I am using 1.9. Thanks.

you can edit the path in your VMID:conf file, via CLI.

Code:
see /etc/qemu-server/VMID.conf

but what have you done to get into this situation?

you can edit the path in your VMID:conf file, via CLI.

Code:
see /etc/qemu-server/VMID.conf

but what have you done to get into this situation?

Hey Tom,

Thanks Tom. I removed the reference to the Backup and now the server starts up again!

I am concerned about how I got into the situation as well. I can't say I know for sure. Maybe the server went down during a backup or something caused an error - I am not sure.

One thing that looks odd: on the Storage Tab there is a record for "asd" that is of a type "LVM" that is 99.79% full. I don't know if it was always like that or if that is a symptom of the problem. Probably the LVM can just use all the space on it - I am not sure. Could this be related?

Again, thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Devon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!