Few Questions..

Unseen

Mar 28, 2015
Hi,

Been using SolusVM and wanted to switch to Promox since it's free, opensource. I do have a few questions.

1. Is there an option to add bulk IPs (like a /24) in one shot to a particular openvz or kvm vm?
2. Can I easily migrate the VM's from SolusVM to Proxmox without a hitch? Please explain how this would be done
3. Does it support Centos 7 for the host NODE o/s?
4. Where can I find free templates for both openvz and kvm, aside this link http://download.openvz.org/template/precreated/

I would especially need Windows 2008 / 2012 templates for KVM as well.

Last edited:
1. Don't know
2. what format does solusvm make vms? I thought they were standard kvm and openvz as well?
3. no. proxmox is debian based
4. you dont need kvm templates. you can use an iso and make your own templates to deploy. this also handles your desire for windows templates. load an iso in a kvm VM, set it up, power it off, convert to template. for openvz, turnkeylinux.org has more than enough to fulfill my needs.

If anyone else knows about the bulk IP thing, that would be great. Thanks. Also for migration, yes solusvm uses openvz and kvm. Does proxmox have a vps migration tool?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!