Feature Request 2024: Multi-Cluster/Node Management?

hellfire

Aug 17, 2016
Are there any thought's on having a Multi-Cluster and/or Multi-Node-Management Option?

At the moment I have different Proxmox-VE Clusters running here as well as some single Nodes. For the future I'd like it more to have single nodes. instead of Clusters, because, when there's no shared Storage, there's no need for the higher requirements of a cluster. Since Cross-Cluster-Live Migration is basically working, a web interface would be very helpful here.

I saw that there's already a thread about this topic - but it's 5 Years old (2019 - Managing multiple Clusters). There's also a Software in Alpha Stage(cluster-manager.fr), whose author wants realize a multi-cluster-management tool. What's about the license isn't clear atm for me and atm the software is windows-only.

... lastly I assume, you have a lot other things to do, to welcome refugee customers from the Broadcom/VMware - Disaster :p

Regards,
h.

Last edited:
Are there any thought's on having a Multi-Cluster and/or Multi-Node-Management Option?
As far as I understand this should be added somewhere in the future. But right now they probably got enough work, making it easier to switch from ESXi to PVE. That "Import Wizard" thread is going through the roof right now with 109K views in just a week.
And looks like multi-cluster-management is a complex thing to integrate.

I checked out The Tool from cluster-manager.fr. Seems so it basically works. I can add all my clusters and nodes. Live Migration works only within clusters.

The tool and its author do not provide so much written Information about it - neither at the website nor in the program itself.

The tool is lagging here and there. (Connection to ~4 Clusters and 3 Single Nodes via Internet Connection).

There's not such a neat and tightly integrated console like the native pve Web-UI. For a software within alpha state: Not bad at all!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!