[SOLVED] FATAL: Module acpiphp not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.0-62-generic

de Thysebaert

Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
new with proxmox I'll try to add memory to a VM running ubuntu 16.04,
unama -a return
4.4.0-62-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I simply add 1Gb memory to the VM and reboot , the memory change was not relected and in the GUI of proxmox,1 gb ram appear in black (memory detected and used by the VM, and 1Gb appear in red (memory not detected)
I read that acpiphp pci_hotplug modules must be loaded in ubuntu, when trying to load this module with
for m in acpiphp pci_hotplug; do sudo modprobe ${m}; done, I'll get this error
modprobe: FATAL: Module acpiphp not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.0-62-generic
modprobe: FATAL: Module pci_hotplug not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.0-62-generic

how to enable this ?

my proxmox version is proxmox-ve: 4.4-82 (running kernel: 4.4.40-1-pve)
physical serve 64Gb of ram and 12 cpu

thx

ps There are many post about installing hotplug capability but no answers as this post on ubuntu forum

you need to stop and start the VM to apply non-hotplugged changes.

At this time a just restart the guest, now stopping then restarting, it's now running well and changes are reflected in the guest.
great thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!