Failed to start The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem

dan8888

May 19, 2023
Hi,

One of my proxmox nodes randomly stopped responding so i physically restarted the PC. Accessing the PC directly i was able to see an issue with importing the zfspool. It recommended to enter a certain recovery command - which i did (can't remember the exact command), and then it booted successfully and started 1 VM, however it became unresponsive whilst trying to boot the 2nd VM and now the Proxmox node always fails to boot. Whilst it is booting, i get several errors, the first being 'Failed to start the Proxmox VE cluster filesystem'.

I'd really appreciate any information on how i can diagnose and (hopefully) fix the issue.

The Proxmox boot is setup as zfs (even though there is only one physical drive - i suspect i probably shouldn't have done this).

thanks in advance

just some more info from commands i have checked:
systemctl status zfs-import
returns:
zfs-import.service
Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit zfs-import.service is masked.)
Active: inactive (dead)

systemctl | grep zfs-import
returns:
zfs-import-scan.service loaded failed failed Import ZFS pools by device scanning
zfs-import.target loaded active active ZFS pool import target

Attached responses to:
journalctl -b0 -u pve-cluster.service
pveversion -v

Attachments

• 20230519_161714.jpg
    20230519_161714.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230519_161625.jpg
    20230519_161625.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 5

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!