[SOLVED] Experiencing reboot for no reason when running openwrt

eightsheep

Dec 25, 2023
Hi, everybody
CPU: Intel Celeron N4120, bios updated
PVE version: 8.1.3 Kernel, 6.5.11-4-pve
Openwrt: LEDE R23.11.11 Kernel, 6.1.69

I've installed Openwrt via VM, and i found that openwrt always reboot for no reason and irregularly. But the VM is still runing, and PVE is fine too.
And I check the version of microcode, it says "0x22" and it's been updated at Sep 2022.
And I tried setting memory size, cancelling the balloon, changing maching to Q35, updating openwrt.
Nothing works.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Thank you for your help.

----------------------------------------------------
finally I just remove luci-app-sfe, it causes the reboot problem.

Last edited:
You could ssh from another computer or open a console on the VM from the Proxmox web GUI. Then run "logread -f" and just let it sit until it reboots. Maybe you will gather useful information.

Might also want to look at the syslog in the PVE host to see if anything happened around the time of the reboot.

You could ssh from another computer or open a console on the VM from the Proxmox web GUI. Then run "logread -f" and just let it sit until it reboots. Maybe you will gather useful information.

Might also want to look at the syslog in the PVE host to see if anything happened around the time of the reboot.
I set "log_file" in /etc/config/system on openwrt, but i seems to be cleaned after reboot.
and i don't know where is the syslog of pve.
Using this command "logread -f" can make the log stand still even if the VM system is reboot?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!