Error VM when delete snap or rollback

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone , I use a VM ( Nethserver V8) .

I noticed that often the NS8 server reported errors after restoring a snapshot or deleted .

The VM or rather the disk is located on an NFS nas .

I would say I'm sure about this problem.
Code:
#root Ns8--2024
#192.168.3.76
agent: 1
boot: order=ide2;scsi0;net0
cores: 4
cpu: x86-64-v2-AES
ide2: none,media=cdrom
memory: 8192
meta: creation-qemu=8.1.5,ctime=1709149113
name: ns8
net0: virtio=BC:24:11:D4:32:69,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
onboot: 1
ostype: l26
scsi0: crucialhp:117/vm-117-disk-0.qcow2,iothread=1,size=100G,ssd=1
scsihw: virtio-scsi-single
smbios1: uuid=821775a3-570e-431f-9235-584969d68291
sockets: 1
vmgenid: 26157c85-d92a-4cdc-8bc1-77178298791b

Hi,
snapshot creation or removal with qcow2 on NFS can unfortunately take quite a while. While the disk snapshot is created, the vCPUs will be paused for consistency. But when restoring, the disk snapshot is rolled back first, so that should not influence the guest negatively (RAM/guest is only loaded afterwards). What kind of errors do you get exactly?

Hi,
snapshot creation or removal with qcow2 on NFS can unfortunately take quite a while. While the disk snapshot is created, the vCPUs will be paused for consistency. But when restoring, the disk snapshot is rolled back first, so that should not influence the guest negatively (RAM/guest is only loaded afterwards). What kind of errors do you get exactly?
Hello and thank you . The errors are related to the integrity of some expressly managed files on nethserver v 8 . As a result of these errors then resolved thanks to the develop users of the nethserver system, it came to the conclusion or rather to the suspicion that some of the files were corrupt or inconsistent . After investigating, I thought these mistakes happened after throwing snaps on proxmox. Either you roll back or delete these snaps , the vm starts to show errors . Yes, what I wrote to you gives you a few indications, but at the moment I find this, and only with a vm. The vm is a rocky linux 9 and the cluster nethserver v 8 installed .

Hi,
Hi , I wanted to inform you that the problem is not related to proxmox for snapshots , but it seems to be a "podman" problem on fns . Thank you anyway for your intervention.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!