ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT - Proxmox web gui

blygekenta

Oct 6, 2023
Hi!

I am new to proxmox, poor skills regarding networking and i am having trouble to access the web gui from my desktop. I did a new installation yesterday and it worked all fine untill now.

What I have is a desktop that proxmox is running on. That desktop is connected to a network switch, and that switch is connected to a router. I also have another dekstop that I am using to get access to proxmox but as mentioned above, I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I am using https://188.66.48.142:8006/, which worked fine yesterday but now is not working at all.

I've read some posts that one should look at the output from cat /etc/network/interfaces to check if it also says the same IP

adress 188.66.48.142/24
gateway 188.66.48.1

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

There could be many different reasons, some in your control and some external. May be your IP changed...

You should rethink your network layout. It doesnt sound like you have much experience with networking and so you should not be exposing your hosts to Internet. I suspect you dont have multiple public IPs allocated to you? If you dont, then you should move the public IP towards a good hardware router/firewall and use private IPs for internal network.
How to set this all up is beyond the scope of this forum

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

The ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error is a common issue in web browsing, signifying that your browser couldn't establish a connection to the target website within a specified time frame. To address this, first, check your internet connection and ensure it's stable. Try loading other websites to confirm if the problem is site-specific. If it persists, clear your browser cache and cookies, as these may be causing conflicts. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software to see if they're blocking the connection. Alternatively, reboot your router and modem, and ensure that your DNS settings are configured correctly. If none of these solutions work, contact your ISP or the website administrator to troubleshoot potential network issues on their end.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!