docker-compose: command not found

Hi,

first of - where did you get the idea/read that TurnKey Core comes with Docker pre-installed? (Not to mention that docker-compose is normally a separate component to install).

So if you really plan on using Docker, do so by creating a (Debian 11) VM - Docker provides a nice installation guide for such situations.

Running Docker in an CT is just asking for trouble - it might work, but things will break subtly in some way or another.

Hi,

first of - where did you get the idea/read that TurnKey Core comes with Docker pre-installed? (Not to mention that docker-compose is normally a separate component to install).

So if you really plan on using Docker, do so by creating a (Debian 11) VM - Docker provides a nice installation guide for such situations.

Running Docker in an CT is just asking for trouble - it might work, but things will break subtly in some way or another.
Thanks, I have installed docker on this CT. Should I setup an VM with Debian and run docker in this environment instead?

Should I setup an VM with Debian and run docker in this environment instead?
It is definitely the recommended way for running Docker.

It can work with luck in LXC, but then things (e.g. networking) might break subtly in the future.
Also - depending on the storage setup - the I/O performance might be worse when running Docker in a LXC due to how it uses layered filesystems.

TL;DR: It is better to fully isolate Docker in a VM instead of using a LXC and hoping it doesn't break.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!