Disk Usage % blank after switching from IDE to Virtio block driver

TimL

Apr 27, 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
I installed Virtio block driver onto a Win2k3 R2 machine following the Wiki. The installation process went exactly as recorded in the Wiki however in the VE 2.0 interface the Disk % is now blank (No value) for that one specific image. All other data seems to be recording as normal.

Is there some sort of kick time before refresh? It has been about 30 minutes.

I don't know if this is a known defect since the release notes just say "Bug Fixes" and do not list out the fixed / remaining defects.

Thanks,

I do not understand the issue - can you provide a screenshot?

Logged in from an alternate workstation with an alternate browser and had same results as screenshot above. This is definitely not a browser / cache issue. This is not a "huge" issue but would like to figure out why it happened. I most likely will update to 2.1 in the near future maybe that will fix it.

just to note, the disk usage is not really reliable as the host does not see the real usage inside the KVM guest.
in future version, a agent will report the usage inside. additionally, this only shows the usage of the boot disk.

Hi,
perhaps Tim hasn't switch the bootdisk also to virtio0?

Udo

I only have one disk allocated to each image (not including mapped shares). I performed the following steps to set this up:

1) Shut down image.
2) Created 1gb virtio disk
3) Booted to windows. Selected Virtio driver from ISO
4) Confirmed Virtio drive could format
5) Shut down. Removed both disks. Configured (Raw?) labeled disk to be virtio
6) Booted back into windows.
7) Added virtio driver to the now system/boot disk.
8) Performed one more reboot just because it's windows and windows likes reboots.

As I stated before this is mainly just a display issue. I have not noticed any functional impact. If there is no immediate solution I am not very concerned.

Just one point:
On pve 1.9 same problem happened: virtio disk sizes did not show on Virtual machines List ..
On attachment, Vms 205, 206 (win XP) and 901 (linux) are using virtio drivers.

By the way, would it be difficult to add Disk Size and Memoy Size columns to Virtual Machine List ???

Regards

Attachments

• Imagenesmaquinasvirtuales.jpg
    Imagenesmaquinasvirtuales.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 12

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!