Disk space incorrect

turtlehurdle

Aug 6, 2023
Hello, these are my disks that are installed in my machine:
1697380315067.png

It seems only my nvme disk is being used:
1697380395048.png

How do I make use of the sda, sdb, and sdc drives?

Thank you

Depends on what you want to store there, what your requirements in terms of features, data integrity, performance and so on are.
You will have to format them with the storage of your choice (VM/LXC Storage: ZFS, LVM, LVM-Thin, btrfs; or for file storage: Directory).
They are all consumer SSDs of different sizes, so I would probably stick with "LVM-Thin" in case you want to store virtual disks there or "Directory" if you want to store files (like ISOs, backups, templates, ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: turtlehurdle
There are more than a few ways to use disks in Proxmox. So "it depends" on your goal. I recommend you do some experimenting to get familiar with the interfaces and capabilities.
This google search query should provide you links to most common methods "how to add new disk to proxmox"

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Depends on what you want to store there, what your requirements in terms of features, data integrity, performance and so on are.
You will have to format them with the storage of your choice (VM/LXC Storage: ZFS, LVM, LVM-Thin, btrfs; or for file storage: Directory).
They are all consumer SSDs of different sizes, so I would probably stick with "LVM-Thin" in case you want to store virtual disks there or "Directory" if you want to store files (like ISOs, backups, templates, ...)
I would like to make my local storage larger to 200GB (for large ISO images):
1697381326655.png
The rest of the space I want to add to the local-lvm for the extra VMs I want to create:
1697381388928.png

Thanks for the response

I would like to make my local storage larger to 200GB (for large ISO images):
Extending your space of "local" would only be possible by doing it manually via CLI.
But you could use one of the SSDs via webUI as a "Directory" storage to get another storage where you could store ISOs (see YourNode -> Disks -> Directroy -> Create: Directory).
The rest of the space I want to add to the local-lvm for the extra VMs I want to create:
Same for "local-lvm", but then it would be "YourNode -> Disks -> LVM-Thin -> Create: Thinpool" to get another individual store to store virtual disks.

Reactions: turtlehurdle

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!