Disable vGPU ECC Memory

arsaenl

Jan 26, 2023
Has anyone been able to disable ECC memory on a Tesla GPU being passed through to a VM? Running a P4 which may only be able to use the full 8GB of memory if ECC is disabled, and I cannot figure out how to configure Nvidia-SMI in proxmox. Thanks!

Reactions: neiion
Thanks for the response! My gut is that that will allow the GPU to use the fully allocated memory buffer for THAT specific VM (6GB in my case) but still leave the full 8GB unreachable. In either case, I’ll give it a whirl and report back.

Hi
just wondering did you manage to disable the ECC memory? i have a P4 on order currently and was hoping to do the same when i get it installed.

Hi
just wondering did you manage to disable the ECC memory? i have a P4 on order currently and was hoping to do the same when i get it installed.
Haven’t put a ton of time into it but wasn’t able to yet unfortunately

Thanks, if i get mine working with ECC disabled i will post my how to here.

Just wanted to follow up and confirm that the instructions mentioned above by Noel worked for me on the tesla p4.

nvidia-smi -e 0

i have the full ram available now. (8192MB)

tesla p4 ecc.png

Reactions: dontwanna and noel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!