DHCPOFFER from pfSense but proxmox VM does not get IPv4

johndoe1029

Jul 30, 2023
Hello, I have an issue with a VLAN I created in pfSense (bare metal) and I just can't figure out what is wrong in Proxmox.

I have a freshly created Ubuntu VM (with only docker installed), I have created a new vmbr1 bridge that is VLAN aware and assigned it the VLAN subnet (not sure if current state is correct config, pls correct me, I have changed it countless times).

1697657657297.png

Then I go to the Ubuntu VM and add a network device, with the VLAN tag 80, like so:
1697657729196.png

When I start the VM, it gets assigned only a random IPv6 address, no IPv4 from this subnet:

1697657840889.png

pfSense clearly shows that it sends the DHCPOFFER to this VM:

1697657882472.png

Tried to release IP and request new one with dhclient but nothing happens on the VM.

Any assistance of what might be wrong here? Or how can I even troubleshoot this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!