Dell PowerEdge 2970 - Compatibility

cjkeeme

Oct 28, 2009
I am about to purchase the following server for use with Proxmox. I would just like to know if this system will be 100% compatible out of box.

Processor: 2 x Quad Core AMD Opteron™ 2372HE 2.1GHz 4x512K Cache 1Ghz HyperTrnsprt
Memory: 4GB DDR2, 667MHz, 4x1GB Single Ranked DIMMs
HD: 2 x 73GB2 10K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 2.5-in HotPlug Hard Drive
HD Configuration: Integrated SAS/SATA RAID 1, PERC 5/i Integrated, PERC 6/i Integrated

My initial thought is with the Raid controller. Will this controller work out of box?

I'm looking to order this machine today due to the article about Proxmox and Asterisk on nerdvittles.com, so any comments would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, I purchased the server and it is set to my installed in a data center in early November. If anyone has used this server before I'd like to know what experience they had with it and Proxmox.

Thanks.

I have 2 Dell 2970 servers running Proxmox 1.4
Those boxes have PERC 5/i Integrated Raid controller and 4-6 3.5" hot-plug SAS drives on top of Raid10 or 50. No problems with the Raid controller, actually everything has worked out of the box as expected.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!