Dedicted server To Promox VE

ruben23

Jul 2, 2010
Hi guys newbei,

I would like to used Promox VE for my network environment, i Have IBM x3200
Intel Xeon Dual Core
4GB Ram DDr2 ECC
250GB SAta II

- i would like to slowly convert all my liev dedicated servers to virtual with promox VE, but im worried if this virtualization can handle for live prodcution environment. First inline i want to move is my Proxy Server-squid and caching Server, Jabber server, Samba server/Diretory Services and also a Mail Server(Whihc i plan to used the available Appliance on promox like zimbra).

Any suggestion or insight to enlighten my worries for doing it on virtual, and also do i need to expand more my hardware specs to support my needs..Please

Thank you.

hi thanks for the reply.

If i may ask how do the physical hardware allocates space and memory to the vitualized servers inside the promox. Is this like if i have a proxy server i want 80 GB HDD SAS 2 GB ram and my physical hardware have 4GB ram 250Gb HDD, the physical hardware available for memory will become 2Gb and 170Gb.

Is that how are hardware allocated to Virtualized servers..?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!