dedicated network for live migration

Hello. It seems not to work.
I configured eth0 (@ip 192.168.3.91, lan 100Mb/s) for the Web interface and I put eth1 in vmbr0 (@ip 10.0.10.91, lan 1Gb/s).
Eth1 is connected to node 2 by a crossed cable (iperf results 936Mb/s for eth1 and 91.5 Mb/s for eth0).
During a live migration, the traffic still uses eth0 (migration speed 48.76 MB/s downtime 134ms).

I also configured migration_unsecure in datacenter.cfg but live migration still starting ssh migration tunnel.

I use proxmox 3.2-4

I have suggested changing a web-interface NIC and not cluster NIC.

Sorry. I thought that the dedicated interface for the cluster communication was vmbr0 and not eth0.
Is it possible to modify the address ip of eth0 (192.168.3.91 to 10.0.10.91) on my node1 and node 2 ?

And for my migration_unsecure ?

Last edited:
Sorry. I thought that the dedicated interface for the cluster communication was vmbr0 and not eth0.
Is it possible to modify the address ip of eth0 (192.168.3.91 to 10.0.10.91) on my node1 and node 2 ?

And for my migration_unsecure ?

BTW, you join a system to cluster by IP so you can try to configure this IP to another interface and see what happens.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!