Debian Bookworm questions

fabquenneville

Jun 16, 2022
Hi,

I had two questions regarding the upcoming Debian 12 Bookworm release:
  • Is it possible that Bookworm containers crash for some incompatibility with the current Proxmox setup ? I tested upgrading a simple Debian container to Bookworm to see what would happen and it gave some errors. I assumed some incompatibility and didn't have time to look into the specifics but is it supposed to be able to work ?
  • Usually how long after an upstream Debian release does the Proxmox team rebase to it ? Asking out of curiosity, but as most of my servers both at work and home are Debian based I am already eyeing a lot of upgrades to be done soon now that the RC and release dates is in a month.
Thanks

Reactions: Neobin
Amazing, thank you. For the errors as soon as I get a minute Ill try to find the container in question or run a new one and update some info on the error. Thanks

Question for newbie: my ProxMox hypervisor is on 7.4-13 release, and the command
pveam available
does not show any "debian 12" container, does it mean that I am doing anything wrong or that I shall simply be patient till the debian 12 containers will be available?

Reactions: ikarlo
we are working on a Debian 12 LXC template already (please check again in a few days).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!